PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - incident at EMA (midair over Leicestershire)
Old 18th Dec 2007, 21:19
Jetscream 32

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
llanfairpg..

The low sun at the weekend was probably 90% of the cause of this accident and no amount of planning, map locations, wizadry, comms and anything else that people go on about are gonna make the slightest difference....

Nasty sun position, unfortunate heading, unfortunate height, unfortunate place - equals a rare accident that we seem to have encountered.

It is difficult to see a different outcome of the AAIB - but we shall all wait and see.....

I personally disagree with the CAS comments - the less we keep going on about them and the more we concentrate on our flying skills the better. There are less GA aircraft bumbling around our skies now than 10 years ago - and like hundreds of other GA / Professional flyers who frequent this forum will testify - the more that people bleat on about regulating us back to behind the hangar doors the quicker it will happen.

I thoroughly enjoy flying a Super Cub or Stearman non radio, non GPS, and at 500 agl or lower (str5) visiting farm strips or landing on a deserted beach, or taking one of our company helicopters to a hotel......

Please can we stop trying to speed up regulation that we dont need..! or am i in the minority?