PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Iberia IB6166, BOS-MAD, 2nd Dec, Cowboys !!!!
Old 18th Dec 2007, 11:36
GearDown&Locked

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From LTDs last post (my bold):
It may be wrong for me to post up here about this guy,but for him to ignore all advice/hits/warnings from other aviators and ATC is bloody disgraceful and dangerous.
As I've said before I agree with all LTDs actions and efforts at BOS, period.

I've also stated in a previous post that I think that crew made a mistake IMHO; big or small it's not for me to judge it.

And I don't really care if the crew was IB, TAP, LH, SAS, GARUDA or BA, so that the "Latino Background" argument doesn't come into play here.

I have only expressed my opinion regarding "name & shame" attitude used by a professional, an attitude that LTD himself had second thoughts about being the correct one.

I do sympathize with his anger, it's perfectly understandable. Maybe the error is mine; maybe I was expecting another way of stating this situation from a Captain of Big Airways, a gentleman’s way perhaps. ASS-U-ME.

And maybe the true reason for his anger has other causes:

MOR's only achieve anything if the issue is within the airline concerned (and then it's not guaranteed).
Maybe it's time to rethink this type of actions. If they're pretty much ineffective that is a big problem in itself, and a major one too safety wise.