PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What is your helicopter carbon footprint?
Old 18th Dec 2007, 09:51
K48

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CO2 warming model... right/wrong

I have done some research on this and yes we still are below a 3000 year average temperature. A dip in temp was caused by volcanic activity (Krakatoa) that caused the mini ice age (Thames ice skating era) from which we are recovering now... What I also found was that an essential part of the CO2 heating model is not matching reality. If CO2 is causing the temp rise, then average temperature rises at the surface, should be matched in the lower troposphere where CO2 hangs out... (please correct me if I am wrong)Apparently this is not happening in reality. So I am not sure I believe the model as presented.... how exactly is CO2 warming us...? and to what proportion compared to reflective cloud cover/vapour content levels/sunshine. Considering night/day and seasonal temperature fluctuation.. I suggest the SUN is the essential factor... Especially when you consider the following:
The earth has gone through huge temperature cycle changes without CO2 as a cause/effect. Plus the earth cooled/froze once CO2 levels were high... many times before.. so something else must have caused that... it's certainly reversable...
E.g what process put all those hydrocarbons underground in the first place?

I agree reducing pollution/litter is a nice/safer idea.. but not to the detriment of human economic and social stability. That is not safe for us... it's like stopping breathing to save oxygen.....
And dont forget... it was only in the late 1970s that we all thought the globe was going to freeze....

The way I see it... man has always made the mistake of thinking he is at the centre of things... no change now...My analogy is.. We are trying to forecast what the lay of the land is like at the other end of England by looking at a grain of sand on our local beach.........

But... having said all that.. you can understand the political motivation to reduce usage globally, considering there is a finite supply of oil..... the oil era will come to an end sometime.