PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Importing Motorbike to HK
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2007, 09:30
828a

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flying Clog,
Dont listen to the old women who have posted here. Hongkong traffic is no worse than any number of western countries I could mention. In the past a number of Cathay pilots rode bikes, among them Captains Mike Dearden and Ian Whittle. I personally had an expatriate barister friend who loved his Harley and another who had a nice Honda. There is an active motor cycling club in Hongkong and I see they have just done a charity Xmas toy run. Also there is some enthusiastic track racing local boys who are all good types. If you do bring your bike make sure the headlight has the strongest bulb the electrical system can sustain ( for daytime recognition ) and bring a fluorescence type vest to wear over your jacket. Basic stuff really. In Hongkong the traffic police ride the latest machines and one occasionaly reads they get involved in accidents but then again they are out there all the time. Is it dangerous? well I suppose there is an element of hazard, but if
you like the feel of the twist grip and you reckon you can stay alert then I dont have to tell you it's a load of fun. I'd be interested to know what you decide but dont forget you could always buy a nice bike after you arrive and had the chance to evaluate Hongkongs traffic for youself. 828a.