PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sky Broadband Connect - any comments?
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2007, 07:54
Captain Gadget

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sky Broadband Connect - any comments?

Good morning all

I am considering switching my ISP to Sky Broadband Connect. This is not due to any dissatisfaction with the service from my current provider (fast.co.uk) - far from it, in fact - but rather due to the fact that we have just replaced our 20-year-old telly with a new flat-screen LCD digital job but have found that in our neck of the woods many of the Freeview digital channels (including most of the 'mainstream' ones) will not be available until switchover in 2011: we are therefore looking at the possiblility of a Sky combined TV/phone/broadband package as a solution. It would have to be Connect since this is the only service available in our area.

The cost of the package (£26 per month) would be not much more than we are currently paying for 8MB broadband alone (4-5MB in reality at our distance from the exchange), so from that point of view it looks reasonable.

Any PPRuNers out there care to comment on the Sky Connect service? Oh yes, and I currently use a third party email domain - does Sky support that?

Gadget

Apologies if this has been covered before (and I'm sure it has) but the PPRuNe search facility will not recognise the word 'Sky' as a search term (less than 4 letters) and 'BSkyB' returns gobbleaduke...