PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Employment for old ATP fellahs
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2007, 03:24
KaptinZZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
But many early-age retirees appear to be borderline brain-dead after a few years.

Well that's not me Gas Chamber.

If you have the money to indulge a rich, busy and fulfilling retirement at a relatively early age, good luck to you.

And that is me.

I'm never bored, too busy in fact. I have numerous interests and am constantly on the go.

Anybody who isn't financially secure by 50-55 in this industry has wasted his opportunities, and that's in spite of greedy ex wives and parasitic kids.

You speak of brain dead, and in the same para, several ex wives. I'll leave it to the readers to decide who is brain dead. One ex I understand, several I have considerable difficulty with I'm afraid.

Skills shortage?? Tell the companies that. I was hearing that when I learnt to fly in the late 60's, but still dont believe it. If they were as desperate as is claimed, salaries would be double what they are. No sir, the skill shortage is no more than a furphy geneerated by flying schools' managements and airline managements (those pricks in management again!) to entice people to shell out big bucks to learn to fly, and ensure they have a stream of young bucks, and now does too, coming through GA for their purposes.

I constantly hear of airlines about to shut down because of a lack ofpilots, but it never happens, and will never happen.