PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are things slowing down?
View Single Post
Old 17th Dec 2007, 22:44
londonmet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GSB,

Yes I know all the facts thanks.

WWW is right in some of what she says but like anything one must take it with a pinch of salt. I just don't like the apparant dramatisation "it looks serious". Yes it probably does. However, well informed choices with regards to taking equity from a property won't send you off the rails....unless you opted for a unrealistc self cert re-mortgage with over the top "rental income" that is.

Times are tough, they always have been. However, people must be informed of the true facts that things aren't looking like they'll improve for a while. If anything you'll see a -ve trend on most aspects of everyday life. This in turn, as you pointed out to me, will have an effect on the airline industry.

I am just curious about the effect posts on a forum from knowledgeable people will have on people making decisions about their future careers. It only takes a few posts about how bad it is for people to start saying "jesus, if this is the case then i'll chop starting my training". This is bad and has been witnessed already on this thread.

By all means use this thread as an information source but be careful as to consider the effect it will have on some individuals that's all i'm saying.