PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - incident at EMA (midair over Leicestershire)
Old 17th Dec 2007, 17:32
2close

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I suppose I should take this opportunity to thank the pilot of the blue JP (I think it was a JP - it happened that fast) who nearly removed my left wing over Hanningfield Reservoir a couple of months back (I could post the date / time) in his screaming climb west to east straight into the clouds 500' above me. If he didn't see me, bad drills - pilots of faster a/c need to keep both eyes on the game all the time when manouevring; if he did see me (and I can't see how he could have failed to see the plan profile of the a/c silhouetted against the sky if he'd been looking where he was going) but thought it would be a good laugh to frighten the living daylights out of me and my student then he qualifies for the Pillock of the Year 2007.

Next time something like that happens I will file an Airprox - maybe I should have done so this time. It's happened to me that many times I'm past caring whether it gets someone into a world of crap!! Should we file Airproxes every time we have a near miss?

BTW, has anyone else noticed how many aircraft in the corridor between Luton / Stansted CTA and London CTR seem to have no concept of the right hand priority rule? Is this because they're glued to the GPS or BNN / LAM VOR indications or is it simply that they have no idea of the priority rule?