PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - incident at EMA (midair over Leicestershire)
Old 17th Dec 2007, 15:10
DX Wombat

Location: The Burrow, N53:48:02 W1:48:57, The Tin Tent - EGBS, EGBO
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We were operating around the shawbury zone which is approx 20nm from the area and must have experienced the same visibility as we had.
Not necessarily. Earlier this year I flew to Colerne. Whilst I was there I was asked where I had flown in from and upon telling the gentleman concerned that it was EGBO, I was asked if I had seen the latest Met forecast which had just arrived. I said "no" and was then informed that there were snow showers around Shawbury. I finished my coffee quickly and set off back to EGBO. The same cloud which had caused me problems on the way down was still lurking around the hills south of Gloucester so a quick, preplanned (just in case) diversion to the M5 then follow it along to EGBJ before turning overhead and heading home brought me into good visibility with little cloud. The weather at EGBO was still good, if a little cooler than when I set off but there was definitely NO snow nor had any been seen whilst I was away. EGOS is approximately the same distance from EGBO as it is from Blithfield.