PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Inflation Inflation! EK what to expect?
View Single Post
Old 17th Dec 2007, 13:33
harry the cod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Apologies to all for this reply but it needs saying;

Peterowensfanclub

Before you launch another written tirade against a fellow ppruner, perhaps you should have all your facts available first. If you have been in EK for at least the last 4 years or so, you'll realise that 'puff m'call' was merely stating facts. Training has been brought down to a minimum.

Initial CRM used to be a 3 day event off at some hotel. It's now a 2 day in the classroom. The 3 yearly all day Pilot dedicated CRM recurrent has now been replaced with a 2 hour SEP slanging match with the Cabin Crew. No wonder this years 'useful' topic is stress management. Our 4 day recurrent PPC was reduced to 3 days 2 years ago and is now a 2 day affair. Everything is now becoming a tick in the box exercise on our home computers through pelesys. Even a 30 minute course on how to become better leaders. Yeah right, that'll work. They want the end product but they don't want to pay for it. And that's what's happening to some extent with recruitment as well.
The standards are still within the required level but they're most definately not as high as several years ago. The levels of performance and experience of new Pilots has dropped within this band and is now reaching the lower part of which we can drop no further. Unless of course entry requirements are lowered. I have yet to meet any trainer who would say otherwise. Of course there are some very capable guys but it's the average standard that's declined, especially pertaining to communication.

I'll be happy to discuss further on another forum or PM me but don't ever come on here as a 'professional' and slag someone off when all you're proving is your ignorance.

Harry

Now, back to the thread.......................