PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Disband the Royal Air Force?
View Single Post
Old 17th Dec 2007, 11:13
daftodil

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Disband? Starve and Neglect!!!!

Well there you go another gem from a RN Officer. I suggest he reads a bit of history before making such comments unless his intent really was to wind up the light blue. My view on this is that we are at the mercy of the MOD, the treasury and a Government that likes to grandstand with the 'troops' of all three services whilst not wanting to fund it! To conduct arguments such as these in the press only plays into the hands of politicians and civil servants and justifies their inappropriate actions and inactions. I for one feel that the all three services have more than proven themselves along with their capabilities in various theatres and that they are poorly supported by the Government and the civil service.
The fact is, the military is the first funding priority for a country to ensure its sovereignty and the protection of it's interests combined with its international commitments and as such should be considered an 'insurance policy'. Whereas, in the past we have had almost fully comprehensive insurance we now seem to be at 'third party only' stage and trying to find the cheapest deal from the dodgy broker Gordon Brown.
It seems evident to me that as in the title we will be starved and neglected until it all breaks and then we can look forward to joining the European military - Hurrah!
It is sad to reflect that the lions are still led by donkeys whether they be the airships or the politicians!!!

As for that lapdog Darling, 'more coffee Darling?' Baldrick will see to it!