PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wannabe wants to know whether to take the plunge
Old 17th Dec 2007, 10:44
chris-squire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
chrisms86 - From reading your post I really think you need to sit down and think seriously long and hard about what you are considering and are you looking at becoming a pilot for the right reasons. It's not for me to judge whether your reasons are right or wrong but just bear in mind how muh money you will be spending to get there and if you aren't doing it for your OWN good reasons then I think you will struggle to stay motivated when your up until all hours revising for ATPL's.
As for the money...I would have to say that yes it's good in the long term once your debts are paid off but not as good as many other proffessions out there!
I know what it's like to sit there and think "is this worth the risk". I'm giving up a really good career to follow my "dream" and risking everything but I can't imagine doing anything other than flying so for me it's definitely worth it. It's all down to you really and whilst I would love to be able to help, this is a decision that only YOU can make and you are best making it alone as only You know what's best for you if that makes sense.

If I can help in anyway feel free to give me a shout though!

Cheers

Chris