PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Inflation Inflation! EK what to expect?
View Single Post
Old 17th Dec 2007, 06:30
GMDS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My guess:
Not more and not less than during the earlier years. If the gvt says their very true and unbiased inflation is 9,3%, we'll get a 9% rise. If the big cheats say we barely made the profit target and fuel is sooo expensive, then we'll get 51/2 weeks profit share. If you behaved well, did all the pelesys sh*t dilligently, you'll get 3% carreer rise. The housing is only a problem for EK, the ones who are out of compacc are left alone, the'll get maybe 5% more and end up paying 20% more out of their pocket. Schooling increases will be none of EK's business so parents will have to brunt the 20% more. Below the line end of the month we'll all have about 8% less, the difference to the effective inflation.
And still pilots continue to come as Del Amitri sing: "Nothing ever happens, nothing happens at all, the needle returns to the start of the song and we all sing along as before, and we'll all be lonely tonight and lonely tomorrow".
Before 2005 we were able to save a little, today we are just covering our costs. Tomorrow we'll have to pay to stay, meaning a negative balance. That's when the big bunch is going to leave. Mainly Europeans, Kiwis and Australians.
Before some heavy metal is grounded for lack of crew, the glorious emperors AAM, TC, MF and AAR will continue to parade naked and everybody continues to tell them how neatly they are dressed. Behind their backs we all despise them today already. And it shows on the motivation, some crews lately weren't too far off BA or DL ambiente....

My X-mas wish this year is that some top body or top shot tells them they look awfull, all naked, and not some smoking hole.
Now let's replay Del Amitri

Marry Christmas
GMDS