PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How many Blunties does it take to change a ...
Old 29th Mar 2002, 01:21
TheSeeFarShadow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post How many Blunties does it take to change a ...

...Operational Det into a RGF circus.. .. .I want out, (prepare for rant), all it took was an Operation detachment some where sunny. Maybe I'm the only aircrew to notice that the Royal Air Force, or maybe the Royal Ground Force, is run by empire building "what's a Tristar/Nimrod/VC-10/Herc" circus. Yes, so that's laid it on the table, you know where I am.. . I am completely appalled by the attitude of 'supporting' blunties. I came here with an open mind. Yes, I've been on many single type dets, but does it really take SO many 'support personnel' to support themselves. I'm not talking about the techies, who work harder than we do, it's the 'hangers on'. Maybe they're now being scaled down, but there are still PTI(s), MT drivers, a dozen Plods, Padre(s), Movers, Medics and Admin Guru's friends (if he has any) and a SWO who are not needed. I'm sure they have friends and families in the UK to go home to instead of being OOA. In these days of the Armed Forces being overstretched, why overstretch them needlessly. .. . The Royal Air Force remain the Royal AIR Force because we are here to support the aircraft and aircrew, we are not the "Tactical 'I'm important' Wing" or "Joint Services 'I'm more important than you' Unit". You don't need to know what we do or do not do, you just need to know that the length of sideburns don't matter in the big scheme of things and that "it's easy for some, lying in the sun all day" is not valid if you're only here to stitch people with you're merry "no, put your ID in my hand" *****.. .. .I've enjoyed being in the RAF, but now, well what can I say, the emphasis is all wrong. This is not a bitter and twisted FS, this is a FS who wants to stay in the RAF, A FS who is keen to do the job, but a FS who has had enough. I fear I'm not alone.. .. .Someone turn the lights out.. .. .Adios