PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Clearances Issued by Flight Data Coordinators
Old 16th Dec 2007, 04:03
tobzalp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jacko.
As I started life as a Flight Data, I can assure you the plan did not go with the strips. Additionally, when on the receiving end of the hand written strips at a later time in ATC guise I never had one second of doubt as to the accuracy of the information. The only time a plan would accompany the strips was for Flex tracks because the strips handed out were void of position information.
Also, when the strips were printed by a computer, it was often (mostly)invisible to the ATC if they were auto generated or were from a plan manipulated to print the strips. The only obvious way to know this was that the channel sequence number was crossed out so that if a reprint or forwarding of the plan was required, the later modified information was not used. Some of us took great pride in hand writing as few as possible if we could dodgy something up by manipulating times and way points to give the correct result as per the original flight plan by some times tacking three separate flight plans together.

Last edited by tobzalp; 16th Dec 2007 at 04:37.