PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Clearances Issued by Flight Data Coordinators
Old 15th Dec 2007, 21:35
Starts with P

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Starts with P and the other controller responses are the expected responses from a technical operator who cant think outside their own "square".
Dfrd.Benefit, I think the exact opposite is true. People like you only see small problems (why can't a TFDC type in something and hit "Send"). I am seeing outside my own "square". I'm seeing the big picture. The multiple things that can go wrong.

My last post above was merely an example, not a definitive list of ALL the decision making that needs to go into issuing a clearance. I'm sorry if you can't see outside that square.

And I'm not saying that TFDC's are too stupid to do it. What I am saying (as an example Dfrd.Benefit, not telling you the ONLY problem I can see in my square) is that when a runway change is being planned, it is easy for the boss to walk over to ACD and have a look, see what is coming, and work out a plan of when to change, and who is going where. It then becomes a negotiation when the changes starts as to who is going to make and who is not. With the TFDC in ML issuing the clearance it's not so easy to do that.