PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - US House of Representatives passes the Freedom to Fly act of 2007
Old 15th Dec 2007, 21:34
Stearperson

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is an absolute disaster for any US 121 pilot who is not now a captain.
John Prater, President of ALPA lied to and tricked the very members who pay his salary with their dues.
Upon taking the position of ALPA President he stated that he would not support a change to age 65. He did an about face and pushed this rule through then urged Bush to sign it. He is a two faced lying SOB. Anyone who is not a captain and is paying ALPA dues is having his money ripped off and was horribly mis represented.
ALPA harmed my career by convincing my former airline to file bankrupcy so a larger airline could purchase them the next day with no standing contracts thus placing over 3000 pilots on the street. Now as furloughees were finally being called back ALPA endorsed this P.O.S. legislation.
I then went to another Major airline hoping to advance only to find absolute stagnation for the last 3 years. Looks like it will be another 5 now!
I am extremely dissapointed with our govenment and our industry. I am not however surprised by ALPA.........this is the type of back stabbing I have come to expect from them. Anyone who has been harmed by age 65 should well consider pulling out of ALPA if they don't want to waste any more money.

Last edited by Stearperson; 16th Dec 2007 at 02:29.