PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Virgin Strike Thread (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2007, 12:55
sparkydamar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It has been with great interest that I have followed this thread, as a virgin frequent flyer I was trawling through the web trying to find some info on the proposed strike and I stumbled on your forum. May I just contribute to this well balanced debate that virgin staff I feel are the best in the world and I have flown with many airlines, so I was shocked to hear that they are so unhappy with the current pay conditions, in my experience underpaid and over worked staff do not produce the consistently high levels of service that as a customer have always enjoyed from the virgin teams. It seems to me that reading between the lines that the union is now about to try and heard these bright individuals into some kind of strike action. Maybe the deal on the table is not so bad after all of course time will tell. On the flipside, of course I want these people to get the best possible deal available they deserve at least that, but I have a sneaky suspicion that many of these individuals do not really want this strike, and is this really a case of unions working in harmony with management and staff to broker the best deal for both parties or is this about ego. To finish if my flight is cancelled who am I going to blame, it will not be the virgin staff who have looked after me so many times in the past. IT WILL BE THE UNION