PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Class One Medical
View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2007, 11:07
chris-squire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I only had my initial class 1 done back in August. In addition to the medical history quesstionnaire that you ahve to print off, complete and take with you; it comprises of the following: -

- Urine Sample
- Height, Weight Measurements
- Cholestorol and sugar level check via a finger prick blood test
- Resting ECG
- Spirometry exam 1 - Checking lung capacity so involves blowing into the machine until your lungs are totally 110% empty.
- Spirometry exam 2 - Checking how quickly your lungs can empty and involves emptying your lungs again but this time doing it as quickly as possible.
- Hearing Test in the sound proof booth
- Extremely thorough Eye Test (I had to then go onto to do the lantern test as I managed to miss one of the numbers in the book) all fine though!
- Meeting with the AME to go through your medical questionnaire as mentioned earlier. He / She then performs a variety of pokes and prods and if all ok then you are presented with your certificate and sent on your way!

Although for the above privelege the UK CAA charge around £355. I was please paying that as it was over £400 not long ago! COunt yourself very very lucky for $100!!! And who ever said these doctors have a hard time of it!!!!!

Chris