PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia - Wannabes & Recruitment
Old 15th Dec 2007, 09:23
transcontinentalcc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A UA CC friend is not entitled or offered for that matter any home transport, and I would highly doubt V Australia would do this, if they have to, then MEL based DJ CC should get it after the 9.45hr duty red eye PER-SYD-MEL and the PER-SYD-BNE for that matter.

In terms of slip allowances, at QF you'd be looking at about 47 MEL-LAX returns in a 12 month period based on A380 only runs, at US$117 per slip, or AU$139 per slip times by 2 slips per trip times by 47 trips equals AU$13,066, without factoring 6 weeks leaves, so minus 12.5% for the year based on no allowances during leave would give you the figure of $11,433.

Wirginblew... bear in mind BNE based crew must be getting alot more overnights than MEL, you'd be lucky to clear $2200 a f/n down here, average anywhere between $1800-$2000. Face it, the pay and conditions at the moment at VB are very good, there's no chance you'll make the equivalent as B scale QF crew of V Australia crew for that fact. You might as an InFlight Manager or InFlight Supervisor at V, but no way for InFlight Crew.

Based on calculations I pulled straight from the EBA, here is what QF LH CC on a B scale have the potential of earning as a MEL based crew member on the A380 utilising all 6 weeks annual leave. This pay rate is also based on a report time of -90mins before flight time and an automatic sign off time of 30 mins after chocks on, on arrival. Of course if report time is set at -75 before departure then overtime rates will be slightly affected by about gross $700 a year.

Based on 17/DEC/2008 wages (this includes a 3% inflation increase on the incidentals allowance):

SALARY $34479
OVERTIME $10273
PORT A/L $10482
INCIDENTAL A/L $3245

TOTAL ANNUAL GROSS $58,478

The total would be almost dollar for dollar for a MEL based VB CC member, obviously more overnights in BNE would mean less money, but bear in mind that JQI earn slightly less than VB S/H crew... who's not to say that after this precident has been set that V Australia wont do the same, I mean after all they need to be profitable as well.

As well with the QF transport offer, MEL based crew doing these LA runs would be eligible on all trips based on the duty hours and the requirements set out in the eligibility section of the new, QF EBA, which based on $120 return in cab fars based on a city destination could really add up in a crew member's favour, and considering the price of fuel, a guarenteed home transport option for the next 5 years based on the validity of this EBA could be really attractive to potential candidates.

Just my thoughts anyway, nothing gospel!

PS. Any rumours about the B777 doing SYD-LAX-SYD then a SYD-PER-SYD to make full utilisation of the aircraft aren't possible due to size restrictions on the VB side of the domestic PER terminal.

Happly flying!