PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Virgin Strike Thread (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2007, 03:13
vsgla

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The problem we have here is that too many people are forgeting that our crew in the more senior ranks are vastly under payed how ever you look at it. Saying that, all of our crew are recieving much lower trip pay than most of our competators. I know that the company will argue that our business model is totally different to most of our competators but how long can we accept this arguement. Something has to change at some point and our crew have decided that that point is now. Whats wrong with that?
Our crew do the job to a high level with regard to safety and service hence the frequent awards, it's time the company stop relying on the good will of the staff they have and actually stump up for the commitment and loyalty shown by the crew over the past 22 years.
If it was my company i would have tried to get away with it for as long as possible too but i would also have had the foresight enough to realise that this was coming and maybe have had a contingency plan for this. How long would our pilots have put up with the conditions that put them way behind our comparators? They answered that in the last round of pay negotiations when they did what we are trying to do now so come on people, it's our crews turn to put themselves in a better position like you guys did. Back them up and we'll all be in a more satisfactory position.

As for where the money is going to come from. If it's not already in the company then it'll have to come from somewhere else around this vast empire, it seems all the other branches are using that resourse when needed. Well now it's needed in the cabin crew department. Take note Mr Branson