PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - R.I.P Skyhawks
Thread: R.I.P Skyhawks
View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2007, 02:34
hoggsnortrupert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil Feeling's of pleasure:

John Hill: I happen to agree with you.
Trojan 1981: Please take the time and explain.
L.J.R: It maybe news to you “BUT” NZ has never ever been able to DENY an aggressor, ( by definition I refer to not a single lone aggressor but invasion of sorts)
NZ’s military aviation history is something this wee nation can be proud of.
In times past we took our men and machines to wars in far off lands, we bleed and died in all manner of ways, alongside, Brits, Aussies,Yanks, Israelies,Fijians, “just to name a few that readily come to mind.
It is not the fast jet issue that has been of concern to me, it has always been one of being able to defend ourselves for long enough until help arrives.( from where and who)
Getting back to the fast movers, they require specialized handling and runways.
Tactically now, in an attack on our nation the first to go would be communications, electricity, and runways, in all probability it would be a multiple strike on all three simultaneously ? now how you going to defend the country?.
In any form of defense, the countries topography is of immense importance.
It is with regard to NZ’s topographical features that our government has historically never bothered to address.
NZ is “similar” in essence to Switzerland, ( except for coastline).
In my humble opinion, under the ANZUS agreement, NZ should be contributing money and men to the RAAF on a continual basis, and pay for it, or contribute on a share per capita basis, the operational costs of their F18’s, @ F111’s, IE our “KNUCK’s” are always on secondment to Aussie.
Our shore lines and EEZ’s should be monitored by P3-B’s.
Our Navy ship numbers need to be increased.
Our Tactical support increased, with the likes of a lot of smaller aerial transports to utilize our topographical hill country strips.
Feel free to laugh and rubbish me if you want, but a bunch of defenders, kitted out for low level down amongst the weeds stuff,( Look up & shoot down) that can at a moments notice redeploy and continue the fight, from different locations.
More attack helicopters.
And last but not least: Compulsory military training at age 18, with lifetime military enrollment to retirement:
NZ has been dragging the chain for far too long, with far too much emphasis on peace keeping and the like.
Now back to LJR, perhaps we can agree on the threat, I would say even more perilous today economically, than ever before.
When are we going to wake up: we are at the bottom of the Earth, we are isolated, we are pissing off our allies.
But then at what price, at what tax rate, what would happen to our already screwed up education, health, judicial systems.
My opinion only, but the sooner NZ becomes part of Aussie, the better.
My ravings, my opinions:
NZ a f-----g beautiful, & f----d up wee nation, but its my country and I do LOVE it, certainly worth defending.
Who was it that said “ If you want peace! Arm up”
Kiwi girl, I agree with your sentiments exactly, use to give me a H—d-on, “watching” Frank Sharp and his lads put the machines through its paces, especially I will add, the Flt Roll under and breakaway executed at 450ft Agl & 480kts!( from memory).
Now! how did this all start, me and my imagination? Kiwi girl and her “feelings of pleasure”.
Now where are my happy pills!
Chr's
H/Snort.