PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Iberia IB6166, BOS-MAD, 2nd Dec, Cowboys !!!!
Old 14th Dec 2007, 19:31
yakmadrid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Iberia pilot

I am an Iberia pilot and I thank you for pointing that crew your concerns. I surely wellcome advise from any colleague. That said, when I perform the exterior inpection on my aircraft I usually do not inspect other airplanes parked nearby or the ramp underneath. I can assure you that we have very professional ground crews that deice our aircraft even when nobody else is doing it, and that is because our flight crews are a pain in the a... at safety matters and always play on the safe side. That is still one of the benefits of being part of a flag carrier where captain decissions are never challenged by management.
I do not know if this crew had deiced or not. If they had not, that is a violation of our sopīs, and obviosly a pretty bad decission.
I am amazed at how some "colleagues" comment on decissions of other pilots without having all the facts. We had complain for many years about journalist making malign comments without having the facts, and when the truth comes up never retracting, it is sad seing other pilots do the same.