PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sabian Air
Thread: Sabian Air
View Single Post
Old 14th Dec 2007, 16:35
Jamex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Biggles of Africa
Flight Planning

Posted: 2007 Post subject: Warning to potential charter clients I would just like to warn everyone who may be a potential charter client to be sure they are using a reputable company.
My company are chartering aircraft for our annual get away for our sales conference coming up in January, it transpired that they were in negotiations with Sabian Air to do the charter.
After the whole Sabian Air debate on Avcom, which I followed with sheer amazment, I hurriedly brought the directors attention to the thread, after which all negotiations were shelved until further investigation.
The findings are as follows, Sabian Air do not own and never have owned thier own charter licence, they apparently piggy back on another company's licence, this company was "Fair Aviation" based at Lanseria.
A few calls to the owner revealed that he had removed Sabian Air from his licence due to non-compliances on Sabian Air's part. This before our company approached them with our charter needs, and at no time was this ever mentioned, I wonder why, had I not been an avid follower of Avcom, we would have been none the wiser and would have had our company flying with a totaly illegal operation, should anything have happened, we would have had no recourse.
Thank you Avcom
Please be very careful if your company or family are flying on chartered flight these holidays, Sabian Air continues to operate without any form of charter licence, and all thier flights are totally illegal.

We have sinced approached an old and established operator at Lanseria, and the contrast in service is like day and night.

This again posted on "that other forum". Was started as a new thread. Also, I was at Rand yesterday and noticed two signs attached to the Sabian Air hangar. These signs were in red on a white background and informing all and sundry that hangar 2 at Rand is Sabian Air's storage depot only. These signs were apparently necessary as CAA walked into the hangar two days ago and caught some unlicensed "engineers" working on aircraft without an AMO license neither! The plot thickens!