PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CARDIFF
Thread: CARDIFF
View Single Post
Old 14th Dec 2007, 14:35
mathers_wales_uk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flybe

Nice to see that Flybe has jumped at the chance to offer CWL-JER flights which will bring the total to 5 x Weekly, but still 3 flights a less weekly compared to S07. It doesn't look like Flybe are pulling the BRS-JER yet as they are still selling seats for S08, I's guessing they would still like to keep some presence at BRS as they have a codeshare with another carrier there. I have heared that Flybe wishes to have a Check-In desk open all throughout the day in order for those that have checked-in online to drop their luggage off.

Aer Arann

Just been looking at the Aer Arann website for S08 and it is only showing 3 x daily to DUB and 1 x daily to ORK. It looks as if the french route and the GWY has dissapeared. I know that RE offer connecting flight to GWY via DUB but it is not possible to book CWL - GWY without booking 2 individual flights.

Zoom

The Zoom website is only showing a 1 x Weekly to Toronto (direct), but the route map is still showing Vancouver (unbookable on the site).

Onur Air

Holidays 4 U showing only 1 x Weekly to both Dalaman & Bodrum, even though it announces a 10% further growth from last year. As far as i can see Antalya is not available from any UK airport.

BmiBaby

Had to laugh that todays ITV weather (sponsored by BmiBaby) was showing flight from Birmingham & Manchester (for the ICE Hockey League), would have thought they would have tried to promote their flights from Cardiff.

Thomson

Is the fleet for TOM going to be 2 x 757 and 1 x 733 (or 738)? And the W Pattern aircraft, which type is planned for that? I know on sundays there will be a 4th A/C around 17:00-18:00 not sure on other days.

Airport Terminal

Word in the office is that inbound Domestic flights will soon be able to be brought in via the gates and led into the departure lounge, with a seperate exit for those wishing to reclaim their luggage. How true is this rumour? Irish Flights, having to be boarded from Gate 1 (only) is hindering possible growth now as occassionally we have flights queing to be boarded. Another problem is the fact that passengers are not allowed to be brought into the baggage reclaim area via immigration. Therefore stands 1,3,9 & 7 (very dangerouse) can be walked in, all other stands have to be bussed which shows lack of sence considering there is a perfectly good arrivals enterence on majority of all aircraft stands.

Is the 1st floor of the extended departure lounge being used yet?

Cheers