PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM TEES VALLEY AIRPORT - 4
View Single Post
Old 14th Dec 2007, 13:57
skyman771

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone needing some light lunchtime amusement should read HL's self congratulatory press release on the airport website about the increase in passenger numbers last month. A pre-emptive strike perhaps, before the full years figures are published, which by the looks of it, will be down to around 740K, a drop of around 17%-20% on 2006.
Well I must add to the cynacism of DB5. I have questioned Hughie's ability on a number of postings and nothing that has occurred subsequently has changed my view that he spends most of his working day in his sand pit. This bit of propaganda would have done Goebels proud. To illustrate yes Nov 06 was a disaster at c.35k pax, but to draw any conclusion is utterly pointless other than that at 41.5k pax in Nov 07 couldn't be any worse, though perhaps Hughie no doubt chose not to state that it was only 76% of that of Nov 05 at 54.5k pax. What is not needed here is reasons for this whether the local football team were in Europe or whatever, it's ALL history and now irrelevant ! The issue is that the pr*tt in charge doesn't know what he is doing, and it would appear surrounds himself with indivuals who are hardly a threat. I'll end on this quote from Emma who ! (Hughie's neighbour?) which should give everone loads of comfort
...Added Marketing and Promotions Manager Emma Ormerod The increase in passengers can be attributed to the increasing range of destinations available from Durham Tees Valley this winter bringing more choice for passengers.
Inspiring ?