PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Virgin Strike Thread (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 14th Dec 2007, 13:40
vsgla

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why is everybody so annoyed with what the union has done. They only advise members on what they believe is the best decision. They don't force people to vote either way. Now that the majority have spoken they have to try to deliver what the majority want and at the moment that is a strike ballott.
In any industry i've worked in when the threat of strike came along i went out and did the research into what this means exactly, It wasn't upto the union to educate me, they had to assume that if i was happy to vote in favour of strike action then i must be aware of the consequenses. The union reps numbers are available to all members so if there is any confusion about what is happening then they are just a phone call away.

Also, the pilots are soon going to start negotiations for their own pay deal, does anyone know what they are likely to be looking for? Whatever it is if we don't see this through now they will get what extra we could have got. I'll bet the company find a nice pot of money when those guys come knocking if we don't stand firm.