PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia - Wannabes & Recruitment
Old 14th Dec 2007, 11:12
transcontinentalcc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well the company is saying February recruitment for V Australia... as such I'd say the basic conditions/pay would be outlined then. QF are looking for crew for a June start, so at this stage I think they'll both recruit at the same time... they are accepting interest online. Alot of VB crew are talking about this QF opportunity as well so seems like a bit of interest.

If you're Melbourne based, those overtime allowances increase to in excess of $12k for A380 LA runs based on a 16.15hr duty MEL-LAX and 17.25hr duty LAX-MEL and brings an overall gross earning to nearly $60K which is what current DJ CC would be getting on the domestic network. Double time and a half kicks in for hours worked in excess of 14hrs. In addition, at QF you're eligible for free home transport to and from work for duties in excess of 14 hours which makes it an attractive package.

I guess only time will tell... anyone know anymore about V Australia, I presume a similar structure to QF long haul in terms of crew structure on board, Manager, Supervisor then Crew. I would also say looking at JQI pay rates... you wouldn't be getting anymore than what are now... if not less.

PS... what is happening with the crew bags... and the Xmas present for that fact?