PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Forced Landing - Sorrento Vic. (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 14th Dec 2007, 08:34
vee1-rotate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey guys, i found out today that my a good mate of mine was actually PIC of this flight yesterday. Basically, its as most news feeds reported. Lost the engine, attempted to restart to no avail, so started looking for a place to put it down. The golf course looked within reach for a short time, but he realised that they wouldn't make that, hence why he went for the road. Close to the ground he got nabbed in the powerlines and trees and from then on he tells me it was pretty much a blur of leaves etc until they came to a stop.
Very well done on his behalf, to get the aircraft down in a populated area (without putting it into a house, as he mentioned to me) with all 4 occupants walking away. A credit to the training he received!
And for info, the "detachable wings" line came from the police officer who got a little excited while talking to the media. Typical. He found it quite humourous that media reported he had "voluntarily dropped the wings"...good outcome overall, and I'm thankful he was able to walk away unscathed He'll be up again at midday tommorow he said