PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NO DUFF - Urgent Msg, Ex Forces & Arrse member in trouble (Help needed)
Old 13th Dec 2007, 21:17
Always a Sapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sitrep 22:00 13/12/2007

Guys ‘n’ Gals, fellow ppruners
Sitrep (22:00 13/12/2007)…

This is getting bigger by the hour, well done everyone so far! There's some auctions running over on the other means raising funds as well, links for those interested are below...

Originally Posted by minister_doh_nut ('MOD' on ARRSE)

Been working on a fella up in Carlisle, currently kipping on the streets as he ran away from his responsibilities when he got his girlfriend pregnant, sooner run away than face up to not being able to provide...... sound familiar??

It would seem that the relationship is unsalvageable and she is back with her parents…..

He has now been given a prepay phone £22 + £10 airtime on it. Been to next and kitted out with a suit, change of clothes, shoes 2 X shirt and a tie £196..... Then socks, grots, dhoby kit etc about £2 and put him in a B & B paid direct for four nights £110.

Got him a writing pad and pen and told him to make contact with ex girlfriend and parents, if only to let them know he is ok

Also writing to a local landlord who has a houseshare available, probably be able to pay a month up front for him, just trying to negotiating his bond.

Got a pawn ticket (pretty much all he lad left) for his NI, Bos and UN medal... that got to me.... £80 I will pick them up tomorrow and am going to get them mounted for him.... touched a nerve and made the old lip wobble.

Girlfriend refused to speak to me, but am sure she will come around. Left her a voicemail message with the offer of a bucket full of bambino gear

He doesn't drink, doesn't smoke, doesn't appear to have any addiction problems.... Just couldn't hack being a let down and ran away, he will now be currently tucking into a great big steak and looking forward to starting a temp job on Monday morning.

Not bad for a morning........ To say he was speechless, grateful and upset is an understatement!

If anyone is in the Carlisle area and has a job, any job drop me a PM

Sitrep as at 18:00 hrs

Carlisle dude, now had a houseshare sorted in addition to the other, he moves in Sunday afternoon. He is at a B&B until then.

'Viro Bono' visited Sellyoak yesterday afternoon and mentioned the idea of PSPs, Nintendo’s etc, but apparently they are in plentiful supply.

It was suggested that we sponsor a visitor / family room within the building for parents / families of injured troops to use..... This has been agreed by the 'ARRSE' COs and will be proposed to Sellyoaks probably tomorrow. At the minute its just a shell of a room within an old Victorian building. Requirements etc have yet to be made clear to me, but I'm Imagining, beds, wardrobes, TV that sort of thing, along with Carpets, curtains etc.

My initial thought was that it was a fantastic idea and something permanent and on going....... Then I got greedy and thought 'If we have one at Sellyoak, why don't we have one at Headley court' but that will come in time.

There is enough in the takings so far to do it...... I will put a spread sheet of balances out tonight and give a grand total later on, along with what’s been spent so far.

Take it from me folks, this is very very worthwhile, two families are now out of danger and having a Christmas, with security, gifts and decent scran, and we've plucked a lad off the streets, given him work, a roof, clothes and a sense of worth again..... add that to the possibility of a sponsored room in Sellyoak!!!

I might be a cnut, but I've been a bit of a wet cnut today and that guys medals had me choked for a good while.

Keep pumping the wonga folks!!

All this in three days........ Lets invade France

And not forgetting the Charity, its in hand and trustees will be appointed this week etc. In reality we aren't going to have a registered number before Christmas. But as previously mentioned, this isn't just about Christmas and I'll post some of the ideas that have been mulling around later on today.

Chris
Links … ARRSE and Rear Party should anyone feel able to assist it would be most gratefully appreciated....

The PayPal details are Hooverbags @ msn.com or if you prefer there are two bank accounts for direct donations.

HSBC:
Sort: 40-02-00
Acct: 22286017
or
Lloyds TSB:
Sort: 77-51-01
Acct: 54713568

Both in the name of C Lee

Auction links:

1. Sellyoak Auction - A handcrafted quilt in the winner's choice of Regimental crest, Service Badge Capbadge, Sqn Crest or Ship's Crest., kindly offered by Niner Domestic...... Clicky Clicky

2. Help Them Out - ARRSE Pun VC Poster - (Signed & Thumb-printed)..... Kindly offered by PsyWar.org ..... Clicky Clicky

3. Help Them Out Auction - Your own Website ... Kindly offered by BFG 9000 ..... Clicky Clicky

4. Help Them Out Auction - A Day in the Woods with Civvy_Shot ... Kindly offered by, yes ... Civvy_Shot..... Clicky Clicky

Thanks again and a Very Merry Christmas to all
Snapper

And not forgetting a thankyou to the MOD's over here for putting up with 'those squaddies' again

Last edited by Always a Sapper; 13th Dec 2007 at 21:46.