PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ordinary Degree in Manufacturing Engineering: Keep going?
Old 13th Dec 2007, 20:36
nosefirsteverytime

PPRuNe Engineering Dept Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
To clarify the college deal:
By rights, I should be doing two years for the Honours, but the "extra" year of the course in Limerick would be going back to second year to cover the basics of aerodynamics, the one subject that wouldn't be on my repartoire. What's still got me thinking of down there is that after a year of subjects I either don't need to repeat or already have a good grasp of, I'd have a 6 month work placement module to complete.

Methinks a trip to Farnborough will be in my future. I'm wondering about Canada as a place to spend a year (or more, if the job is worth it, in more than monetary terms.), however the UK may be a more realistic bet. Remeber it's manufacture, not maintenance, I want to get into. If I wanted maintenance, there's plenty of apprentice programs abound in Ireland these days.

After spending the day finishing lab reports (finding 2nd MoIs in T and C beams no less) I feel I have the aptitude to go on, and if I have to flip burgers (or, as I'm doing right now, screen baggage) to keep food and paper on the table, then f*ck it, I'll do it.

Still going to Farnborough this year.

Last edited by nosefirsteverytime; 13th Dec 2007 at 20:56.