PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The big merged L1011 thread
View Single Post
Old 13th Dec 2007, 20:05
Earl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is the first I heard of the registration change.
But I do know when we flew this aircraft from MIA that it was overdue a D check and the engine A/D's were not accomplished and a FAA ferry permit was issued.
Mughrabi claimed that he would get all this accomplished in Amman with Joramco.
There was no supporting paperwork when we operated a few days later to Kano and back, this guy is the biggest B/S artist I have ever met.
He again claimed that the D check was accomplished.
When asked about the paperwork he claimed it was not the operating crews concern and all was accomplished.
He stated the FAA and ATA made a mistake in their calculations of the time the D check was due.
Sorry but everyone knows this is 15 months and the engine A/D;s is a very expensive task on these 522;s, thats why they are so cheap now.
I also confirmed this with the ATA maint. and these items had not been accomplished, D checks, engine A/D etc when they parked the aircraft in MIA.
This was after the non payment issue in the hotel.
If he would have paid correctly people would not be questioning this operation.
Still never the less this aircraft should not be in operation unless all is complied with.
Will be in Jeddah in a few days and will provide the registration number if I see the aircraft, will also be pursing past salary issues and talking with the saudi PCA.
But we all know that money talks in Nigeria, not hard to think it is registered there now.
If this can be proved then the Bank of Utah needs to be notified next as they are the registered owners of the aircraft along with the insurance agency.
This guy need s to be shut down permanently.

Last edited by Earl; 13th Dec 2007 at 20:38.