PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot Training College, Waterford, Ireland
Old 13th Dec 2007, 19:45
Zaffaran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Guys. Some sobering thoughts there. However if it is something that you can see yourself spending the rest of your life at, then to me €170,000 euro is obviously a very sizeable but worthwhile investment in your future(even at 27 - I nearly started crying- It was the first time I've actually felt old ! LOL). FO's and Captains seem to be well rewarded for their expertise, endevours and sacrafices, so paying off €170,000 over 7 or so years doesn't seem impossible. I know that alot of people say that there are cheaper ways of getting your licence, but for me the most organised and thorough course available at the moment seems to be the one being run by PTC. This may be down to an unorganised approach to my research,and if so I apologise but I have researched all avenues known to me. If there are other schools out there that I don't know of which basically take all the organisation out of the Pilot Training Course and as a result let you focus on your course modules in order to obtain your licence in a quick and efficient manner I would greatly appreciate it if you could let me know of them so as I can research them myself. Finally am I being unreasonable in my assumptions, as I would have thought that even at my age there are people out there who have completed their pilot training through getting full funding from a financial organisation and haven't found repaying the sum too stressful an ordeal.