PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPL @ British Airways Flying Club High Wycombe Or Stapleford Essex?
Old 13th Dec 2007, 18:14
Katherine Alexandra

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
trafficcontrol, you're still not funny!

On a more serious note, I'd wholeheartedly recommend BAFC. I think there are 3 or 4 part-time instructors there that I've never flown with, but I have flown with the other 7 or so and I've not a complaint to make about a single one of them. All very professional, welcoming instructors who are, as previously mentioned, career instructors.

I've never, in over 2 years of flying with them, had a lesson cancelled due to a u/s aircraft as Jerry and the rest of the engineering lot keep them in brilliant condition. It's always nice to fly an aircraft with the Chatham Livery (i.e. BA tail!) and, if you fly into one of the larger airports, such as Bournemouth, the resident spotters do enjoy taking your photo! In all seriousness, BAFC offers a similar rate of hire to WAC across the apron, but without WAC's hidden charges (remember, WAC was taken over by Cabair...). I've also yet to see a BAFC plane crash myself...unlike the many WAC ones I've been witness to

Always worth visiting BAFC and having a look for yourself, considering how many people here are recommending it.