PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NZCAA becoming more punitive in their approach?
Old 13th Dec 2007, 17:50
hoggsnortrupert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fish NZ-CAA!

I have been sitting on this, and wondering about posting on here.
In 98 we returned to NZ and I continued to work away on rotation,( Ntn Hemisphere)
I spoke to NZ CAA about renewing my NZ CPL:
I was told by NZ-CAA that I could register my Australian ALTP under the Trans Tasman Mutual Recognition Authority, and by paying the appropriate fee, and filing in the appropriate paper work and supplying proof of licence, they would send a authorisation sticker for my log book, thus it would allow me to fly NZ registered A/C or Aus reg A/C in NZ.
Which I duely applied for and recieved and placed the sticker in my log book.
I first had a NZ CPL & Inst rating issued back in the 80's.But have not renewed it.
Now recently I have hired NZ reg recreational A/c and flown about with my family:
Recently I decided to send my resume to a few operators here in NZ.
One came back to me and said that I could no longer operate on the Trans Tasman Mutual Recognition Authority with out a NZ Issued Licence:
I called CAA licencing, and was told that I could no longer operate on my Aussie licence, and I needed to apply for a NZ ALTP.
I asked when this came into force, and why I was not notified.
She could not give me an exact date, and said that they ( CAA) had issued so many registrations that they did not have all the applicants addresses, ( believe it) and that they expected pilots to keep abreast of law/reg changes.
So my question's are:
Do you think NZ CAA would prosecute a pilot for flying without a licence??
( yes)
Do you think I could prosecute NZ CAA for the above failure to advise of a reg/law change? which had allowed me to fly with out a licence.
The more I think about this the more it infuriates me.
Chr's
H/Snort.