PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BACH'S ORGAN WORKS. OR DOES IT??
View Single Post
Old 14th Jul 2001, 10:13
BEagle

Received 337 Likes on 118 Posts
Was Hoon 'listening' or just 'hearing what you say' (aargh!!)?

Touch sensitive? Yes - like 100% of my colleagues I am outraged that a core military capability could be put in the hands of profiteering mercenary 'Service Providers' under the widely criticised Public Finance Initiative. At a time when our activities are chiefly expeditionary in support of world-policing, how can any private company be expected to provide the necessary levels of AAR at short notice every time some tinpot dictator provokes further trouble which we then become involved in sorting out.

How PJHQ's, sorry, UK CAOC's Friday afternoon panic sessions will cope with "No - you can't have any more tankers until next Thursday because that's all the contract allows for - unless you want to pay huge penalty costs" I cannot imagine.

Face it. There has never been a greater need for a substantial AAR capability. There has rarely been a less stable global situation. Our current AAR fleet is certainly well past its sell-by date. All other air forces with elderly tanker fleets are investing in new equipment and others are developing their own AAR capability.

So how is it that MinDP knows so much more than everyone else involved in this game?? Or is this just regurgitated government dogma aimed at preventing Gordon Brown from having to dip into his wallet?

[ 14 July 2001: Message edited by: BEagle ]