View Single Post
Old 13th Dec 2007, 14:00
kurimaw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sir jester_icarus
Sir 8 ball...

"Just Do It"
"Clear for Take Off"

same advice that given to me of my team leader in A.O...
and also said me that....

"Keep on going"

thanks for the good advice....
and hoping that i'm going to right path to my profession.

i'll share some of my experience as a OJT in LTP
although not yet as a fully experienced A/C mech.
but to know all pilot's wannabe like me what is the big difference between a A/C mech. and Pilot.

our department performs D check of Airbus A340-300

and everytime that i go to the Hangar....
there so many things that you must learned seriously and work it to have a experience for maintaining of the aircraft and gain more knowledge for such kind of system.

removing, cleaning and installing/replacing of the seats has so many electrical components, sidewalls, door linings, dado panels, lavatory and galley, and other accessories in the cabin and cargo,(including cockpit)

it is a very serious task and very responsible for this kind of job..
lots of AMM will be read, review of a certain components, check of the serial no. and other things you must study before you perform any work to a certain thing.

harsh chemicals likes skydroll, mastinox, cosmoline,fuel fumes, A/C paints

loud sounds came from the APU, ground power unit, ground APU, PTU,
turbine sounds,

one of the health threats that you can't avoid specially if you're assigned to that field.

i've asked a rated mechanic about the A/THR system of A320...
why one of the engine perform GA and the other one in REV position.
and he said that...it's either the system or pilot's error will be blamed.

and i proved that there is a certain limitation of knowledge between a Pilot and A/C mech.

A/C mechs only knows how to perform maintenance and check the cockpit(ECAM, ECIAS) if readings are correct and accurate. before it releases and fly again.

Pilot knows only how to fly a aircraft and reports only whats the problem in a certain system,

lots of flammable substances, kilometers of wires have been used, the structure of the aircraft, the name of the company that you've worked for, and the life between the passenger, crew and yourself..

am i RESPONSIBLE enough and have a lots of EXPERIENCE and KNOWLEDGE to handle and fly a aircraft.??

Think again...

that's the lesson that i've learned from the professional and experienced persons in aviation that given me a good advices and the school that i've studied and came from.

dreaming to became a pilot....TAKE IT SERIOUSLY..
and NO SHORTCUT...!!

Thanks and happy flying...