PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lagos Fire Service, Why!
View Single Post
Old 13th Dec 2007, 01:05
V1_RHOT8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ARFF and ERPs

Zazoo,
Brilliant observation mate, I'm surprised that Lagos doesn't have one of those aircraft mock ups for their ARFF training. How familiar are they with the types of aircraft that service Lagos aiport? Better yet, are the PH, ABV, KN and etc ARFF guys familiar with their aircraft? Do they know where high pressure pipes, tubes or fuel lines are located on the aircraft so as to avoid cutting them in situations that require extrication of passengers or crew. They don't have to burn the aircraft to become better firemen/women. They can use 'em for response training, the police can use 'em hijack/hostage crisis response, our local nollywood people can use 'em as props in their movies and etc.

By the way, does anyone know how the response was during the sosoliso crash? Do we practice Emergency Response drills? How are the ARFF equipment/trucks? Can they reach the farthest part of the airport's movement within 3 minutes? I'll love to get in touch with Dr. Demuren and share some ideas/suggestions with him, the only problem I fear is that my ideas might fall on deaf ears and our leaders will keep practicing our "medicine after death" approach to solving important issues.

Hope you all have a wonderful break.

Cheers.