PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA Cargo: Year End How-Goes-it?
View Single Post
Old 13th Dec 2007, 00:32
CargoBoy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you are planning to work for SIA CARGO, please be forewarned that life here is not so rosy. If you are willing to accept the terms below, then only then sign on the dotted line.

1. Housing allowance of 3200 per month would not cover rent of a decent place( in most expat's view)

2. You will often position more than you fly. No pay for positioning. You only get upgrage seats if available. Positioning on freighter is getting more common.

3. Your roster is not even worth the paper you print it out on. Don't plan anything on your rostered off days because there is a high chance your COP will change. A 2 day COP can stretch to 16 days. Too bad if you did not pack enough underwear.

4. If you are an FO, upgrade is on local terms, meaning no housing and children school allowance.

5. Expect to fly an average of 50 hours a month.

6. No transport allowance too and fro your home in Singapore.

7. Staff travel is a joke. ID 75 tickets cost more than firm tickets on other airlines.

8. Be treated as a second class pilot within SIA. SIA pax fleet gets better benefits.

Above are just a few points that come to my mind. I am sure my worth colleagues can add to them.

CargoBoy