PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EC 135 Type Rating
View Single Post
Old 12th Dec 2007, 19:55
Whirlygig

Hovering AND talking

Location: Propping up bars in the Lands of D H Lawrence and Bishop Bonner
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MakD, you're right about one thing

bet if I do a search on a couple of you I'd find pleanty of threads with you belittling people
If you stick around (as I did after a bit of a lambasting on one of my very first threads), you'll find you'll get to know who's who. It's a small world and many of us know each other personally. This is a business in which you cannot afford to make an enemy. Now whilst some here have been scathing, there are some who have given very good advice even though it's contrary to your initial game plan. I would recommend you heed it.

Many of the pilots on here are ex-military and so haven't been through the same training path as civilian-trained pilots. Others, like me, are doing it the very hard way with no where near as much of an income as you. We are just thinking of your wallet.

However, please consider that there are more makes of helicopter than EuroCopter. If you want a career as a pilot, you may not get to pick and choose which type you fly. Therefore, I would recommend you fly a more common type. In addition, the school you go to and tuition you receive is more important than the type on which you learn.

Also, if you don't learn on a piston, you'd never find work as an instructor. Therefore, your only option would be an instrument rating which will cost around £30k in itself.

Some of the world's best and most experienced pilots are here; also a few idjits - if you're in recruitment, you should be able to spot them.

Cheers

Whirls