PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VS B744 gets stuck turning at the end of the runway in Antigua!!!
Old 12th Dec 2007, 19:29
camprax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Virgin off

SRjumbo,you make a sensible statement about lights ,turning circle,contaminated runway etc affecting the radius of the turn of a heavy jet,that is reasonable debate.I can also agree that a parallel taxiway would alleviate some of the issues.
Jealousy????Of what?????I am sure your girlfriend isnt as pretty as mine!!!I might be jealous about that!!!Not cause I am not flying a heavy jet....please.As cargoboy so aptly put it,I am quite a happy kiddie flying my spamcan!
3Greens can you confirm the lateral guidance that must be assured with an ILS?I myself am not sure about it,but TAPA has some terrain to the west of the field.
If this such a huge issue for heavy jets turning then why hasnt BA or VS Pilot Management made it known to the authorities in TAPA and threaten to pull service if their is such an issue about it?
Dont forget the nose and mains were in the grass and the latter at least 5-6 feet in the grass,so nose wheel failure I think is a strong possibilty.