PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPL @ British Airways Flying Club High Wycombe Or Stapleford Essex?
Old 12th Dec 2007, 16:10
A and C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All three clubs of the clubs that have been named on this thread so far have good reputations and are not likely to pull the hidden charges stunts that one of the larger opperations in the London area is so adept at doing.

I was at Stapleford today and the Cessna fleet is looking a bit tired, but they do have some very new kit for the advanced training.

The W.A.C. Cessna's are looking better than those at Stapleford and they also have some very nice "glass" equiped Cessna's for the more advanced training.

The BAFC fleet is one of the best maintaned club fleet in the UK and I know of only one other club fleet that gets the same sort of attention to detail when it comes to maintenance.

As said above the BAFC has no hours builders instructing for them, you are more likely to get an instructor who has retired from the airline with thousands of hours behind him.

I would be happy to recomend both the W.A.C or S.F.C. to you as they will both do a good job at a reasonable price however in all areas I think that BAFC is ahead of the game and would be my number one recomendation.