PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Crab-Bashing
Thread: Crab-Bashing
View Single Post
Old 12th Dec 2007, 15:39
Occasional Aviator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NaB,

Thanks for your points, I agree. I did not mean to suggest that T45 provides a complete defence against air attack, but I refer you to my earlier point that policy is to take risk against air defence at the moment. In any case, these things have been covered, and are probably better discussed on WEBF's thread.

What I was trying to get at is that we can't all have every bit of capability that we want. I don't think it's the fault of Typhoon, or CVF, or Astute, or FRES - it's just 'cos we don't have enough money. I'm all for reasoned debate but if some things are 'off limits' like questioning whether CVF should be delayed (not cancelled), or whether it's best value for defence for the RN to have its own private air force, and discussing them leads to name-calling, accusations of negative briefing campaigns, and long rants about how the RAF was a bunch of bastards to the FAA 50 years ago, then we're not going to get very far.

It may be that not everything that's wrong with naval aviation is the fault of the RAF.