PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VS B744 gets stuck turning at the end of the runway in Antigua!!!
Old 12th Dec 2007, 14:55
camprax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Virgin off

Arent pilots meant to have extreme skills????????If no skills were required then we would all be flying B747 right?
If you were to say that the lighting was bad etc etc,then you may have a point but I dont see many other heavy jet pilots jumping on this thread bashing TAPA airport infrastructure. Yes caribbean islands rely on tourism as an industry, and sadly we cannot compete with your larger countries in terms of technology and foreign export ,so the tourism dollars have to be stretched for all of the islands infrastructure not just the parallel taxiway!
And since you are so familiar with TAPA then you should know that an ILS is not a plausible installation for the terrain,next time you are shooting your RNAV approach look to the right of you at 5-7 miles and let me know what you see.
I am quite happy flying my spamcam,a big plane doesnt make you a BIG man but maybe just gives you an even bigger ego.
Anyway you had better go back to pushing those buttons you seem quite good at it judging by the speed at which you typed your reply.