PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2001, 03:23
cheapseat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
By all that’s now in the public domain I cannot imagine anything other than the removal of gross negligence from Jon and Rick’s otherwise impeccable reputations. This will be a wholly righteous conclusion to this dreadful situation; a situation brought about by two men; Day and Wratton.
There are an increasing amount of posts portraying these two as rogue guns, bent on a crusade to feather their own nest through the death of 29 people.
I feel a bit of a turncoat, as I can’t let this pass without comment.
Sadly both Wratton and Day are nothing more than products of the RAF system, a system that will pick ten to twenty young officers, say 25 years old, and put them on the greasy pole. Those who make the next gate kiss of any future involving a practical, hands on knowledge of flying (and fighting) and start to get groomed to be the movers and shakers of the RAF ie; politics and admin! By the time these guys are 40 they’re already five years behind their old sqn oppos. From there on in it can only get worst. Hit air rank and your decisions go unquestioned, bar a polite “but sir” which, I assume, is easily ignored. These guys must really start to think that they really do have all the answers.
This injustice will forever be a stain on the history of the Royal Air Force, however to lay the blame solely at the feet of these two men will only lead to similar crass management in the future.