PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - KA's average payrise
View Single Post
Old 12th Dec 2007, 04:43
BScaler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CX Payrise

One would think that, seeing as come January 08, and as a result of some sterling negotiating skills and some nifty acquiescing, the senior members of the AOA GC will have handed the Company;
  • a cheaper entry-level workforce by aquiescing to lesser conditions for New Joiners, (yes, they have sold their prospective colleagues down the road yet again!!!),
  • continuing supply of checker and trainers by allowing an unfettered application of a retirement age increase to 65, (even though junior officers could get severely dumped on in case of industry slowdown as a result),
(...in other words, having given the Company everything that they wanted from the AOA under CoS08, even in this unprecedented time of aircrew shortage...), that the Company would be falling over themselves to reward the boys by awarding a significant payrise to Cathay aircrew...

No? I wouldn't have characterised the imposed pay rise in return for shafting our junior colleagues 'significant' - anyone else care to comment?

I wonder what the AOA strategy actually is then?

There does appear to be another strategy that doesn't involve selling future colleagues down the road, constant appeasement, kow-towing, manipulation of the outcome of memberships votes, and sounding more like management than management themselves.

DPA have shown the way.

Perhaps we would do well to persuade our Dragon brethren to allow us to merge the respective associations so that some of their more productive negotiating strategies could be adopted. It would also probably do wonders for our association membership which is clearly languishing, (I wonder why...?!).

Well done DPA.

Last edited by BScaler; 12th Dec 2007 at 05:31. Reason: clarification