PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F3 Mates Do it Style
View Single Post
Old 12th Dec 2007, 00:06
cargosales

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spot on Double Zero

As I said before, there is a time and a place for high spirits.

Getting trashed in a country where it is illegal to be pissed in public isn't a brilliant idea. Add in something unheard of over there (interfering with the personal property of a member of the ruling family) and one is just asking for trouble.

Granted, any expat over there would have taken one look at the number plate and run a mile (VVIPs tend to have very, very! short registration numbers), but to be fair, these jokers probably didn't have that experience.

To look at it a completely different way, I wonder how many of those who have commented here in support of the three would be up in arms if a few pissed foreigners, on a night out in say, London, had made their way into one of our own Royal family's limos?

Would they be complaining that plod had incarcerated said pissed-up foreigners and were going to prosecute them for anything and everything that might just stick? Oh, they're actually foreign military aircrew? Well that's ok then.. lets just release them as it was obviously just high spirits. Hmmmm.

Most likely said complainants would be grumbling at the lack of security afforded to Brenda's family instead. But my point still stands.

Last edited by cargosales; 12th Dec 2007 at 00:18.