PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPRuNe temporary shut down this weekend
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2001, 15:23
Capt PPRuNe

Exclamation PPRuNe temporary shut down this weekend

The PPRuNe is moving to a new, more powerful server with dual processors. The new server will allow us to provide a better service to our readers and contributors.

The current server is struggling to cope with the loads being imposed on it only seven months after it was implemented due to the ever increasing number of visitors to this website. With registered membership approaching the 30,000 mark and the number of visitors on a daily basis well over that figure the current server is operating at near full capacity for most of the day and the time has come to upgrade yet again.

During the change over this coming weekend, 31st March and 1st April the service will be unavailable as the domain name is assigned to a new IP address. For some of you it will mean no PPRuNe for maybe only a few hours but for others it may mean nothing for up to 48 hours as the new IP address propogates throughout the worlds domain name servers. I apologise for the inconvenience this may cause some of you but once the new server is accessible I am hoping that you will find that there are less delays accessing pages during peak periods.

Another benefit of upgrading to a more powerful server is that we can now try out newer versions of the forums software as well as other brands. My aim is to continue to provide the best professional pilots website and forums as PPRuNe continues to grow from strength to strength.

Once again I apologise for any inconvenience caused during the upgrade and hope that you will all bear with me until the service is back up and running again.

------------------
Capt PPRuNe
aka Danny Fyne
The Professional Pilots RUmour NEtwork