PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F3 Mates Do it Style
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2007, 23:24
Double Zero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I happened to know ( unfortunately, due to the person involved not his service or rank ) a Navy Gunnery Officer who got trollied on an island in the 'Med, took the UK Ambassadors' car - presumably inc. the bootful of Essex chocolates - and comprehensively stuffed it on the way down a steep hill...as does seem the way, he must have had the right chums, as he seemed to get away with it...*

We all know about inter squadron / service rivalries, stealing the Tirpitz bulkhead etc etc, to be commended in my remote view, but this is very different and in a situation requiring a certain amount of professionalism even when local customs do not seem to deserve it.

*That was a long time ago in a different place - as people rightly say, let's not judge by tabloid, but every indication seems we have 3 esteemed pillocks here, - the note about posting a shark-watch, in more boring circles perhaps known as dedicated driver, seems a crucial lack of forethought or friends - 3 who UK Ltd could very well do without...

Yes I am hypocritical to the extent that if anything truly nasty were threatened to happen to them, I'd be up in arms - I suspect the reverse thrust on their careers is more than enough to pay.