PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back
View Single Post
Old 14th Jul 2001, 01:13
John Nichol

Received 81 Likes on 21 Posts
Susan,
What a pleasure to see you here. I'm not sure who pointed you this way but the discussion you are reading has been going on for many years.

I hope you don't mind me pointing this out for the others reading this forum but...

Detective Superintendent Ian Pheonix was the head of the NI Counter-Surveillance unit of the RUC. He was killed on ZD576. If you want to read a truly amazing life story then pick up "Phoenix - Policing The Shadows" published by Hodder & Stoughton.

Susan, I hope you don't mind me saying, but it is interesting that, even the widows of those on board the helicopter, believe that the RAF was wrong.

K52, you regurgitate the same argument you used many months ago. It is a viewpoint, I do not say you are wrong, but you have no EVIDENCE that you are right. Nothing you have posted is wrong. But you selectively quote para after para, you decline to mention the most important findings of the president of the BOI. He admitted everything he said was speculation. He refused to make a finding on the crew's actions.

There were 2 people who made the decision that plunged the RAF into the mire - Wratten & Day. Even those who are quoted in the BOI are now striving to distance themselves from the AM's decision.

Unlike others, I don't know who you are, I don't know why you are involved, but you seem to have an "RAF Selective View" on what was said in the BOI.

I don't say that the crew were not at fault, I point out that you have not one jot of evidence that they were.